Monday, December 21, 2009

BITS - The Last Day (Part 2)

Back in Mumbai!
It's a refreshing change to see "Restaurant and Bar" rather than "Bar and Restaurant" here :)

Anyway, back to the list...

Thank you,
Akella Krishna Mahesh for being a sincere and honest friend
KSV Rajesh for always having a cheerful countenance
Avanti Kshirsagar for... well... just for the sake of it :)
Arup Mandal for always revising concepts with me only a few hours before the exams
Indroop Singh for being a die-hard DOTA fan
Abhimanyu Vatsya for recovering data from my Mac when it was not working
Abhinav Asthana for being one of the BITS360 developers
Sakshi Verma for congratulating me when I topped the MuP course
Mohit Verma for running Linux off a pendrive for a semester
Sambhav Galada for always being his cheerful self
Ankit Nassa for returning my TT ball (on the last day) I had completely forgotten about
Lokendra Singh for being the unnoticed-but-smart one
Achal Mall for being an Anime fan!
Shardul Lavekar for being the best mime actor I have seen
Sivasankar for not pulling one of his impostor pranks on me :P
Abhay Patil for his strange but funny use of the Marathi language
Dhruv for being a person with a Mac before me
Arvind Krishnan and his PC for consuming more electricity than 5 hostel rooms put together

My seniors,

Aalap Tripathy for asking me if I do not trust the hostel room allotment software on the first day of BITS
Roshan Sumbaly for considering me worthy enough to be a part of the GridOne project
Nimit Mehra for personally answering all my queries about BPGC
Hari Sudan for setting up the first LDAP server in campus
Madhan Darwin for being a great team leader in our Cypress project
Abhishek Kumar for mentoring me while writing Natasha
Shubham Malhotra for his weird DC chatting style
Gaurav Paruthi for being one of the founders of the phenomenon called DC
Angad Singh Gill for his admirable photography skills
Meet Singh for being the most dedicated RJ on campus
Rohan Pillai for competing with me to be the worst ever RJ
Rohan Gandhi for being an electronics guru
Vishrut Shukla for being the coolest person I've met
Ankit Govil for his managerial skills
Bharath R. for being the coder I look up to
Vivek Premkumar for his well organised DC share
Rajesh Bhasin for helping me write my SOP (and making fun of it too!)
Mohammad Kazi for giving me an idea about the life of a Grad student
Jyoti A R for being VictoireWeasley and for getting a PS in New York!!!
Ganesh Vernekar for his easy-go-lucky attitude
Siddharth Agrawal for his..... well.... DC share (ahem!)
The entire bitzone.tk team for helping us with the admissions process
And the countless other seniors who helped me through these three and a half years, selling books at throw-away prices, offering valuable advice every step along the way and just being there!

To be continued...

6 comments:

junoon said...

Dude. Haven't seen such a long thanking list in years. Good one. :)

Mental Havoc said...

theres more...

jack_carver said...

A Nice Read :)
Abhijith

P said...

Crushes ke naam nahin likhe, eh? :P

Nimit said...

Thank you!

PS: What I would be really interested would be the reply to Pranshu's comment

Mental Havoc said...

Aha!

Sab log crushes ke peeche....

Yaaron CG maintain karne me itni mehnat karni padi ki crushes hi nahi hai

You may think I'm a loser.... but I'm not the only one... :P

But honestly, open forum pe naam lena appropriate nahi... so I'll keep you guessing :)